. . . and scarves
- A shawl needs to be big
- They can be triangle, oblong or asymmetrical
- Striped yarn, such as Scheepjes Wanderlust is beautiful and adds interest but it removes the creativity of choosing a colour scheme
- Whatever the pattern it can get a bit boring.
- Using a slightly bigger hook, e.g. 6mm with wanderlust makes for great drape
- Triangular shawls can be started at the pointy end, the long side, the middle of the long side OR ANYWHERE ELSE.
- Patterns can change dramatically mid-shawl e.g. filet to puff stitch. History of Trees Shawl
My next shawl will be:
- Adapted from my Japanese shawl book
- A colour scheme chosen by me
- A combination of different pattern designs from book in order to experiment and to avoid boredom.
- A good size